Cultivating Resilience in Museums and Cultural Heritage Sites
MAC asks its members and audiences from the Caribbean, Caribbean-interest and Caribbean diaspora regions, institutions and educational programs to consider what museum and cultural work looks like in an age where we are focused on how to survive, while we must also consider how to thrive.
- How are we tackling climate injustice and issues of equity—both internally within our organizations and externally in our communities—while still propelling our institutions forward sustainably?
- How do we provide robust information in our exhibitions and to our audiences while reducing our carbon footprint and maintaining awareness of the digital divide?
- How will we manage to provide onsite services together with all the online resources that audiences now expect, while retaining our revenue streams?
- How do we make our spaces truly inclusive to all, when many of our communities are composed of groups who may be currently or have been historically at odds with one another?
- What historical and current models of sustainability and resilience can we turn to?